Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tweeting on Twitter/Facebook

A lot of my friends have jumped on the Twitter bandwagon and asked me to "follow them", so I was kind of aware of Twitter from an outside perspective. From what I gathered, it sounded a lot like Facebook's status updates, so I never really bothered with it. But when a facebook application was created that allowed users to update their facebook status and twitter status at the same time, I figured it was the perfect time to check out Twitter.

Maybe it's because I'm not really into change, but for my uses, I don't think I would end up using Twitter long-term. It's fun right now, since some of my friends use twitter and don't use Facebook, but I think after awhile it could become just one more site for me to check. It doesn't have enough draw for me.

I think Twitter is great for people who keep up with others in their area (mine are mostly long-distance friends as a way to keep in contact) to know up-to-the-minute information about their area or a sudden change of plans.

But for Christiana? I should probably just stick with Facebook.

No comments: